- Jeff Bezos donated $33 million to provide college scholarships to illegal immigrants brought to the US as children by their parents, known as ‘Dreamers.’
- Bezos has been vocal in pressuring the Trump administration and Congress to bring back protections to Dreamers.
- Bezos made the donation in honor of his father, who fled Cuba to the US alone when he was 15, went to college in the US, and lived the American dream, including raising the boy who would found Amazon and become the richest man in the world.
As members of Congress duke it out over if and how they will solve the situation of 800,000 illegal immigrants brought to the US as children – the world’s richest man has stepped in with a strong message.
- Jeff Bezos is the world’s richest person — and he could redefine philanthropy
- Amazon and Google are about to step up their war for the future of technology
- Google sold more than 6.8 million Home smart speakers during the holiday season
Powered by WPeMatico